Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Stay Fit, Look Fit... Look Healthy, Feel Healthy...


2nd day Zumba. But not the 2nd day of exercise. I had been engaged with belly dancing months ago..

It’s been a long time since I last posted something on my blog. The entire week was really challenging because the kids got sick. And I had to engage myself in exercising.

It’s scary when you have asthma attacks or when you have family members who have heart diseases and diabetes. I had asthma attacks since I got pregnant with my son and even after giving birth. My dad’s family all have asthma. Some members of my mom’s family have obesity problems, heart diseases and diabetes.


So, while I am still young I have to do something to prevent these things from happening. One thing I have done for the past week was exercising. I engaged myself with zumba, although I had been really doing jogging and belly dancing for 2 months now. It really works because 2 months ago, I was 50kilos and right now I am just 46 kilos which is already good for my height which is 5 feet. However, if I could reach around 43 or 44, that would be better.


What is exercise? Exercise is when you do activities for the body that promotes wellness and physical fitness.
Benefits:

1.       You can control you weight. Controlling your weight means managing your physical appearance and wellness.
2.       Exercising gives you good health. Whether you like it or not, by being physically active, you are maintaining good health because you prevent diseases and reduce stress levels.
3.       Exercising reduces risk for heart problems. It helps you reduce or even remove excess fats, unwanted calories in your body, protects your heart and lessens risk for high blood or obesity.
4.       Keeps you mentally fit. It really gives you better way of thinking and even makes you happier.
5.       Helps reduce severity of asthma.  Exercise usually helps in normalizing breathing which is good for the lungs.
6.       It boosts energy. Not doing anything makes you lazy. Plus it improves your daily routine and makes you finish chores faster.
7.        It improves sleeping pattern. This helps you sleep faster and deepen your sleep.
8.       Helps improve sex life. Exercising improves libido and sexual functioning.
9.       It boosts self – confidence. Face it! If you look good, you feel good.

However, there are certain exercises which are not allowed for people who have severe health conditions and there are people who are not allowed to do tiresome activities. Know your health problems so you would know the exercises you are to do.

Follow me on facebook: jonee ross genotiva acedilla
Follow me on instagram: slimwitch

3 comments: