Sunday, August 10, 2014

Glimpse of my Pregnancy

7th month pregnancy; after walking exercise early in the morning

It has been a long time since I last updated and posted something in my blog about parenting. I had been very busy taking care of my eldest and my unborn child...

A few tips to avoid during pregnancy:

1) If possible, avoid drinking too much soda or colored drinks. This will surely give you a hard time because of UTI. I experienced it with my eldest 3 years ago and I learned my lesson very well. Always remember that the medicines for UTI may not be expensive for some, but for some mommies, these drugs to stop UTI are expensive. So, it is basically your choice. Think of long term effects.

2) If possible, avoid food which causes allergy like chicken or egg. During my first pregnancy, I had asthma attacks because of eating too much shrimp, chicken and egg. It did not do any good so this time on my 2nd pregnancy, I managed to control the chicken diet and egg diet. I will only eat it on my allowable consumption. Know your allergens.

3) If possible, avoid too much sweet food like cakes, donuts, chocolates and all that tastes so heavenly sweet. It was one of the reasons why on my first pregnancy, I was sooooooooo BIG. And this time, if you could see my photos here, I am leaner. Only the baby is growing and not me. Too much sweets will only make the baby in the tummy restless because of too much energy. Too much sweets will also cause the little angels in your tummy to move too much. Yes, you may take pieces of the sweets mentioned above but never too much. Remember: Too much of something is bad enough. Plus that's one way to avoid Gestational Diabetes. Remember: Prevention is better than cure.

4) More water. I just fell in love with water because every time I looked at the soda I was reiterating in my brain and whole system "LONG TERM EFFECT" and long term effect meant my health and my baby's health. Drink your MILK as well. If you can't tolerate the milk, try chocolate milk.

5) More fruits and veggies. I super love eating fruits and vegetables during my 2nd pregnancy. I eat 3 balanced meals plus fruits and even make fruits especially banana as my snack in the morning.

6) If possible, no over feeding especially fatty food. Eat what you can chew. It will give you a hard time in the rest room or comfort room. But eat for you and your baby's consumption because if you will not also eat on time and with the right amount of food for the two of you, the baby will get really hungry and you too.

7) If you are sensitive to any smell or scent, avoid it immediately. This might give you asthma or irritation.

8) More rest and sleep. Although, in this generation, it is very common for women to really work even though pregnant, you still need to rest and sleep. Because during the 8th or 9th month, you will be having restless days and sleepless nights as your body is preparing for labor. And labor could be very painful.

9) Read books. Read it to your baby so he / she could hear you. I am reading story books with my son and allowing my unborn child to hear it.

10) Listen to lovely music which are soothing and relaxing.

11) Constant touch. I do not know how to explain this scientifically because I am not a scientist or whatever. But I am a mother of 2 now. Every time a mom touches the tummy with love and affection, the baby reacts to it..

 Have a happy disposition!

 My 8th month pregnancy. Thanks to my loving husband for this photo.


 8th month pregnancy still during our family gathering...


9th month pregnancy..

Have fun everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment