Monday, February 18, 2013

Eat on my Own



"Eat on my Own"


Filipino Rice. Cauliflower. Apple. Fish. Chocolate.



Berry madness

As a mom, I get frustrated when my son eats little and the only reason I could supply for having that feeling is that I want to give my son the nutrition he needs in his growing up years. I don’t want him to say hello to the word “underweight”.

I personally have been trying to feed him with different food. However, I still missed something. I tried to do some research and found out those kids at 1 year old love to eat colourful food. One coloured items might be too boring for their sense of seeing. Plus like what other books, magazines, blogs and articles would say and those people who are already moms (like my mom, my aunts and grandma), 1 year-old kids love to eat LESS but play MORE.

Yup, you got.. playing more instead of eating more.. Since, it’s their exploring year, they would like to have fun while eating..that's...playing and eating at the same time. They don't like to eat big meals. So, I tried some guidelines like giving him different food on one plate like ube (yam) cupcake, cheese, cereal, rice, carrot, apple, orange, banana, cauliflower, kangkong and a lot more... He loves it. The way he touches the food would mean exploring his sense of touch. Could it be soft this time? Did mommy give me a hard food? Could this be cold or hot? Could it be wet or dry? He smells every food and tastes each. The pleasure my son gets when he touches the food, smell it or eat it is really amazing. I find it really fulfilling for him as he masters these senses. He’s having fun and learning. Plus he’s learning to mess up. But it's ok, cleaning up is a part of learning for mommies with less patience. hahaha Kids could be of help when they're a bit older.. However, there are times he would just like to eat soup "sabaw" or sopas of my step dad’s.

My husband and I visited our paediatrician and he told us that babies’ tummies are still small. They will only eat what could fit in their tummies. The doctor also told us that when we force kids to eat, they will only get scared of eating and will soon have phobias. So, no forcing and no pushing.

Now, I know I don't really have to push so hard with eating.. In some cases, there are kids, like my son, when his tooth would come out, he would ignore all food on the table.. He would just drink a lot of milk. He loses his appetite but it'll just come back.. But please be reminded that only some kids have this kind of attitude towards food if it's "teething time"..not all.. (which is another story...another article)..

Compilation of Kurt's pictures last 2012 while he was eating.

Have fun mommies! and don't forget to leave comment or suggestions I could also apply for son..

Don't forget to visit my profile. From there, you could view my other blogs about moms & children, travel and leisure and business. Thanks!
NOTE: I just transferred this blog from my previous blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment