Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Mary Kay’s Mineral Pressed Powder (On – The – Go)

Mary Kay’s Mineral Pressed Powder (On – The – Go)

My mom's pressed powder.
I cannot put mine, it's hall filled hahaha!


Many women like me love pressed powder. The first thing they would reason is because it makes their faces less oily. Well, as a matter of fact, that’s true. Whatever product you use, it really gives that refreshing look every after powder time.

The good news I would like to share is something that I really love and that is Mary Kay’s Mineral Pressed Powder (On – The – Go).



Before I started using Mary Kay products, I also love one product in the market which is Brand A (Extra – the blue color; starts with M) pressed powder and foundation in one. I had been a user of Brand A since I graduated college until I got my job and got married. However, when I got pregnant, I got oily with Brand A but after pregnancy, it was alright. So, if you like Brand A, go ahead, I also love that and it’s not so expensive. I would not assure you though that it would make you feel better during your pregnancy days. Your body hormones will be totally different than the way they used to be.

I have also tried Brand B and I am so sorry but I got itchy all over my face and behind my ears (you know the feeling when you get drunk and there’s just heat on the part of the face where you put the powder). So I wouldn’t recommend Brand B. I’m sorry for telling the truth. The test is based solely on my skin (3 days use only). So, I stopped using that because I don’t wanna go red all the time. But for those of you who want this, it’s alright because it’s really affordable. But I don’t want to spend on less expensive powders but I get expensive anti – allergy medicines.

I have also tried Brand C (the most famous brand in the Philippines) when I was younger, way back college. Brand C was like “wow” for me because it’s one month to pay basis. So, I loved it. I could not feel whether it was expensive or not, I was still studying, I get the money from my allowance. Oh, but it’s fine for students.

My absolutely "meh" face...
No filter, only wonderful lighting effects of our room!
For no bias treatment:
Face powder: Mary Kay Pressed Powder
Eye Shadow: Combination of some colors of ELF Palette and Mary Kay Quad
Eye Liner: Mary Kay Eye Liner Black
Lipstick: Revlon (because I ran out of Mary Kay's True Dimension EXOTIC MANGO (my favorite)

I had been searching for that one product I could say all wonderful things and I think I found it. Do you know that feeling when you tried several products already but you still keep on finding for “the one” because you are not fully satisfied with the others? That’s the feeling I got with Brand A, B and C. Remember when I said I love Brand A? Well, because I really do because Brand A is fine but I fell in love with Mary Kay’s Mineral Powder because Mary Kay is “THE ONE” for me.

Let me share the benefits:

1)      It’s not cakey!
2)      It minimizes the appearance of lines on my face.
3)      It does not give me extra oil I actually do not need.
4)      It’s mineral – based which means it stays longer on the skin.
5)      It has natural looking finish.
6)      It does not give me PIMPLES! When I have pimples, it’s really “PIMPLES” or acne. So, good thing that MK doesn’t give me that.
7)      It’s on-the-go. You can just put it on your bag and go anywhere with it.
8)      I only bought 1 last September 2015 and it’s been 4 months now and I still have some.
9)      It was expensive before (to be honest because the powder alone was Php 650, the mini compact was Php 699 and the sponge was a different thing) but now, it’s MONEY’S WORTH. It’s only Php 699!!! I can now afford this!

That’s all I want to share for you ladies. Honestly, if you can afford to buy something great, don’t settle for what’s ok. Besides, whatever you put on your face is an additional investment because your face is an investment itself.


NOTE: I am not a beauty expert. I only put what I have experienced from the different powders I have tried through several years. I am just sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment